The USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) outline clear standards for industrial floor coverings that are installed in food and beverage facilities. The regulations are set in place to ensure that commercial and industrial facilities are free from harmful contaminants, microbes, and mold or algae. Below we take a look at the USDA standards and how our floor coatings meet or exceed those standards.
What Are the USDA Standards?
Here is a brief summation of the USDA standard for commercial and industrial flooring.
- Floors must be kept in excellent condition and have the capacity to allow companies to process, handle, and store food or beverages in a sanitary environment.
- Floors must be made and protected using durable materials that are water-resistant.
- Floors must be made and protected user materials that can be cleaned and sanitized.
- Floor surfaces must be smooth so that they can be easily cleaned.
- Floors in which water is used and flushed need to be covered and properly sealed.
What Commercial Floor Coatings Meet or Exceed the Standards?
While there is a range of coatings that flooring contractors use to protect floor surfaces, we manufacture products that can be used in almost any situation regardless of what industry your business is in. Some examples of coatings we recommend are.
- Seamless polymer concrete overlays
- High-performance epoxy
- Urethane-based floor coating
- Polyurethanes, polyurea, polyaspartic coatings
What Facilities Are Ideal for Our Flooring Systems?
Since our flooring systems will meet or exceed all USDA Standards, they can be used several different types of facilities including
- Commercial kitchens
- Food processing and packaging plants
- Hospitality and recreational facilities
- Grocery stores
- Meat processing plants
- Dairy processing plants
- Beverage production and bottling
Crown Polymers Commercial Floor Products
Our commercial and industrial floor coating is designed to meet or exceed all USDA standards. Also, they also adhere to OSHA and NFPA codes and regulations. Our flooring systems can protect your facility from all types of contaminants, bacteria, microbes, germs, and other harmful substances. We provide a water-resistant layer over your floor to keep the environment around you safe and healthy at all times.
If you are looking for a floor coating solution for your business or facility, then contact Crown Polymers. We manufacture a wide range of products including decorative systems, primers, membranes, top coats, and overlayments. Our industrial and commercial floor coatings can be used in almost any application of hard surface floors. To find out more about what our products can do for you, call us at 888-732-1270. We are the leader in high-performance epoxy and urethane-based flooring products.